Republican National Committee
ICYMI: RNC Chairwoman On Hearing:
"No Investigation, No Obstruction,
Nothing Impeded, No Collusion"RNC Chairwoman On Comey Hearing: No Investigation, No Obstruction, Nothing Impeded, No Collusion
Chairwoman McDaniel: "The president was never under investigation. There's been no obstruction of justice, no investigations have been impeded, and there's been no proof of Russian collusion. That is what came out of today's hearing. The president was accurate when he said he was told he was never under investigation. That's now been verified by DirectorComey. Now it's time to start moving on and getting to the business of helping the American people whose healthcare is failing, who want tax reform. We need to get out of this distraction mode in Washington and start focusing on the people of America who need our help and who need our leadership."
Democratic National Committee
DNC Chair Tom Perez Statement on Comey Hearing
WASHINGTON – DNC Chair Tom Perez released the following statement after
fired FBI director James Comey testified before the Senate
“Comey’s testimony just gave us the clearest and most damning evidence yet that President Trump lied to the American people and is likely under investigation for obstruction of justice – a serious and disturbing charge. While Trump continues to attempt to protect himself and his friends, today’s testimony shows that he doesn’t care about the attacks on our democracy and on the American people. This behavior should alarm every member of Congress and every American citizen. Justice must be blind. Democrats and Republicans alike must stand together to see that it is served.”
American Bridge 21st Century PAC
Did you watch FBI Director James Comey’s testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee this morning?
It was full of bombshell revelations in the ongoing investigation into Trump campaign officials potentially colluding with Russian hackers to rig the 2016 presidential election.
Here are our ten takeaways:
1. Comey twice confirmed he expects special counsel Robert Mueller to look at obstruction of justice.
2. Comey refused to deny when asked if President Donald Trump colluded with Russia in an open setting.
3. Comey said Vice President Mike Pence was aware of concerns about then-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn. (Pence had previously denied)
4. Comey took President Trump’s request to let go of the Flynn investigation as a direction.
5. Comey repeatedly called President Trump a liar.
6. “Lordy, I hope there are tapes.”
7. Comey said he couldn’t discuss verified parts of the Steele dossier in an unclassified session.
8. Comey said President Trump fired him because of the Russia investigation and called it “a very big deal.”
9. Comey said he can’t share in an open setting why career FBI officials knew Attorney General Jeff Sessions would have to recuse himself early on.
10. Comey wanted a special counsel to investigate Trump and Russia, after not thinking one was necessary for last year’s email probe because there was “no case there.”
Republican National Committee
RNC Senate Intelligence Hearing Update - shareable content
GOP Twitter via @GOP
#BigLeagueTruth QT https://twitter.com/greta/
Comey says “I don’t know” a lot. #ComeyHearing #BigLeagueTruth
.@POTUS never interfered in Comey’s investigations. Glad we had a #ComeyHearing. #BigLeagueTruth
#BigLeagueTruth: Comey testified under oath that @POTUS never asked him or anyone else to end any investigation. #ComeyHearing
So when the left narrative is that @POTUS “asked for loyalty”…
#BigLeagueTruth QT https://twitter.com/
So according to Comey, @POTUS never asked to stop the investigation and Russia didn’t change a single vote. Good to know. #BigLeagueTruth
Comey: No votes were altered in the 2016 election. #ComeyHearing
FYI here’s what Democrats said about Comey just a few months ago. #BigLeagueTruth
Get the #BigLeagueTruth during the #ComeyHearing and learn more about the team at http://gop.cm/D1afQa
Chairwoman Twitter, via @GOPChairwoman
#BigLeagueTruth is taking over @GOP for #ComeyHearing. Cut through the noise and get the right information.
This headline is spot-on. “Democrats Once Had Only Contempt for James Comey. But That Was Then.” #BigLeagueTruth
RNC Research, via @RNCResearch
Comey Can’t Answer Rubio On Why He Didn’t Alert Anyone If He Was Concerned
NEW BLOG POST: Comey: POTUS/his staff didn't ask for investigation to be dropped https://gop.com/comey-
Comey Again Confirms Trump Never Directed Or Ordered Him To Drop Investigation
Comey: The President Asked About Loyalty “In The Context Of Asking Me Stay”
Attorney General Lynch Attempted To Influence FBI's Clinton Investigation
James Comey: It Is Normal For Presidential Transition Team Members To Talk With Foreign Leaders
Comey says President Trump or His Staff Did Not Ask For Investigation to Be Dropped
NEW BLOG POST: Dems on Comey, "Nvmd, he's actually great." https://gop.com/nvmd-hes-
NEW BLOG POST: Dems Already Have a Strong Case Of Comey Amnesia https://gop.com/dems-already-
NEW BLOG POST: James Comey Plays Fast And Loose With The Truth https://www.gop.com/james-
Democratic National Committee
TRUMP ATTORNEY: COMEY TESTIMONY IS ALL TRUE, EXCEPT FOR THE BAD PARTS
TRUMP’S ATTORNEY: “Contrary to numerous false press accounts leading up to today’s hearing, Mr. Comey has now finally confirmed publicly what he repeatedly told the President privately: The President was not under investigation as part of any probe into Russian interference.”
Mr. Comey, the President told
Mr. Comey ‘it
would be good to find out’ in that investigation if there were ‘some
‘satellite’ associates of his who did something wrong.’ And he did not
exclude anyone from that statement.”
TRUMP’S ATTORNEY: Mr Comey’s testimony also makes clear that the President never sought to impede the investigation into attempted Russian interference in the 2016 election, and in fact, consistent with that statement, the President never, in form or substance, directed or suggested that Mr. Comey stop investigating anyone, including suggesting that that Mr. Comey “let Flynn go.”
COMEY: “I took it as a direction…I took it as, this is what he wants me to do.”
COMEY: “We don’t want the agents and analysts working on this to know the president of the United States has—has asked—and when it comes from the president, I took it as a direction—to get rid of this investigation, because we’re not going to follow that—that request.”
TRUMP’S ATTORNEY: “Admiral Rogers testified that the President never ‘directed [him] to do anything…illegal, immoral, unethical or inappropriate’ and never ‘pressured [him] to do so.’ Director Coates said the same thing. The President likewise never pressured Mr. Comey.”
- FACT: Rogers and Coates actually went out of their way to avoid answering the real question: whether Trump asked them to interfere with the FBI’s investigation into Michael Flynn. In fact, Rogers and Coates were admonished by GOP Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr for refusing to answer this and other questions without any legal basis.
TRUMP’S ATTORNEY: “The President also never told Mr. Comey, ‘I need loyalty, I expect loyalty’ in form or substance.”
TRUMP’S ATTORNEY: “Today, Mr. Comey admitted that he leaked to friends his purported memos of these privileged conversations, one of which he testified was classified. He also testified that immediately after he was terminated he authorized his friends to leak the contents of these memos to the press in order to “prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”
TRUMP’S ATTORNEY: “In sum, it is now established that the president was not being investigated for colluding with or attempting to obstruct.
FACT: Kasowitz’s use of the past tense here makes clear that he cannot say Trump isn’t currently being investigated for collusion, nor can he say that the Special Counsel is currently investigating Trump for obstruction as Comey suggested. because he is well aware that that hasn’t been established.
Talking Points Senate Intelligence Committee Hearing
- Director Comey confirmed multiple times that President Trump or White House staff did not ask him to stop the Russia investigation.
- Director Comey confirmed multiple times that President Trump was not under investigation.
- Director Comey established the one-on-one meeting format with the President by asking for such a meeting in early January.
- Bottom line, President Trump has done nothing wrong and it’s time for this witch hunt to end.
- Former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony was tough for a presidential administration, but not President Trump’s administration, rather President Obama’s.
- In fact, the only thing we learned today was Director Comey was concerned about the Obama Administration interfering in the Clinton investigation.
- Director Comey confirmed he was very concerned about the Obama administration’s interference in the Clinton email investigation, including interference by Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch.
- Attorney General Lynch has a lot of explaining to do.
- Director Comey criticized leakers in the intel community who talk to the press as not really knowing what they are talking about most of the time.
- Director Comey also said that so much of the reporting on the Russia investigation is dead wrong.
- Former FBI Director James Comey admitted that he leaked his memos about the president to the press, showing extreme political shrewdness on his part.
- Director Comey alleged he had concerns about conversation with President Trump, but said he didn’t alert anyone to his concerns. When asked why he didn’t alert anyone if it was supposedly so concerning he said, “I don’t know.”
- In talking about President Trump’s alleged request for loyalty, Comey stated the president asked specifically for loyalty in the context of asking him to stay on the job.
- If the President’s actions rose to the level of obstruction of justice, why did Director Comey not raise concerns at the time? The answer is, because there was no obstruction of justice and Director Comey.
- President Obama’s Attorney General Loretta Lynch instructed FBI Director Comey to stop calling the Hillary Clinton investigation an “investigation” and instead call it a “matter,” which he immediately began doing. Why hasn’t the media focused on this as obstruction of justice by the Obama Administration? Shouldn’t this directive that Comey followed be given a similar level of attention?
- Trump told NBC’s Lester Holt that he knew firing Comey might lengthen the Russia investigation and bring him bad press, but he knew it was the right thing for the country so did it anyways. Both sides of the aisle thought Comey was a bad leader of the FBI and needed to go. Shouldn’t President Trump be giving more credit for doing the right thing for the country?
- It is clear from today’s testimony that there was no obstruction of justice.
- There is still no evidence of
collusion with Russia. Nothing has changed on that front after today’s
RNC Statement on Senate Intelligence Committee Hearing
“Today’s testimony proved what we have known all along: President Trump is not under investigation, there’s still no evidence of collusion, and he did not hinder the investigations in any way,” said Chairwoman McDaniel. “Nobody thinks more of James Comey than James Comey, and his testimony today was simply a last ditch attempt to save face with the American people.”
Democratic National Committee
REVELATIONS FROM THE COMEY HEARING1. Comey offered the best evidence yet that President Trump is under investigation. Comey said he expects the Special Counsel’s investigation to include Trump’s potential obstruction of justice.
2. Without being able to say much, Comey made it very clear that Trump’s “satellite associates,” including Michael Flynn and Jeff Sessions, are in a lot of hot water. Comey revealed AG Sessions has more ties to Russia that the public doesn’t know.
3. Comey revealed that he told both AG Sessions and Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein that he didn’t want to be left alone with President Trump, yet they took no action to protect Comey from Trump’s interference, and then conspired with Trump to justify Comey’s firing.
4. The FBI had serious concerns about Trump’s campaign and administration’s contacts with Russia.
5. There were multiple conversations between Trump and Comey and not once was Trump concerned about Russia's interference in our election. This just shows once again that Trump is only concerned about himself and his friends, not our democracy.
Here Are The 10 Biggest Revelations In Comey’s Testimony
Former FBI Director James Comey’s testimony to the Senate Intelligence Committee this morning was full of bombshell revelations on the ongoing investigation into Trump campaign officials potentially colluding with Russian hackers to rig the 2016 presidential election. Here are the top takeaways:
Comey refused to deny when asked if President Trump colluded with Russia in an open setting.
Comey took President Trump’s request to let go of the Michael Flynn investigation as a direction.
Comey said he couldn’t discuss verified parts of the Steele dossier in an unclassified session.
Comey said he can’t share in an open setting why career FBI officials knew Attorney General Sessions would have to recuse himself early on.
Comey wanted a special counsel to investigate Trump and Russia, after not thinking one was necessary for last year’s email probe because there was “no case there.”