- Carly Fiorina
« Press Release on Launch of Carly For America Super
February 24, 2015
Fiorina Supporters Launch Carly For America SuperPac
"Her Dedication And Understanding of How to Unlock the Potential of Americans Across the Country is a Breath of Fresh Air for the GOP"
ALEXANDRIA, Va. – In advance of Carly Fiorina’s speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Thursday, Feb. 26, Fiorina supporters are launching Carly For America, a SuperPac to lay the groundwork for a potential presidential run.
"As Carly decides whether to enter into the 2016 race, Carly For America will continue to build conservative support and help lay the groundwork for a potential presidential candidacy," said Steve DeMaura, executive director of the SuperPac. "Her dedication and understanding of how to unlock the potential of Americans across the country is a breath of fresh air for the GOP. The challenges our nation is facing are unprecedented, and it will take a new type of leader to deliver the conservative reforms we need. Carly has a demonstrated track record of delivering the kind of transformational change—within bureaucracies and within industries—we need to get our country and our economy back on track."
Carly for America will work to educate and engage voters about Fiorina’s record of leadership and success. Carly for America will support Carly’s continued work to promote conservative policies that advance economic growth, a strong and secure America, respect for faith and family and effective leadership at home and abroad. In 2014, Fiorina launched the Unlocking Potential Project, an organization aimed at engaging women voters and refuting the false notion that conservative ideas and principles amount to a "war on women." The UP Project’s grassroots efforts aided Republican in crucial elections across the country.
Along with the SuperPac announcement, Carly For America released a new video about Fiorina, who recently received praise for her speech at the Iowa Freedom Summit. Many analysts have said she would be a formidable candidate if she chooses to run.
Staff and Advisers announced today include:
- Steve DeMaura, Executive Director – Most recently served as the Political Director of Carly Fiorina’s Unlocking Potential Project and is a New Hampshire native who served as Executive Director of the New Hampshire Republican Party.
- William B. Canfield, General Counsel Carly for America– A nationally recognized expert in federal and state campaign finance law including General Counsel to five GOP presidential campaigns and twice chair of the Standing Committee on Election Law of the American Bar Association.
- Greg Mueller, President, CRC Public Relations – A former senior adviser to presidential candidates Pat Buchanan and Steve Forbes, senior adviser to numerous statewide candidates, as well as many national advocacy campaigns.
- Keith Appell, Senior Vice President, CRC Public Relations – A former senior adviser and national spokesman for presidential candidate Steve Forbes, senior adviser to numerous statewide candidates and national advocacy campaigns.
- Katie Hughes, Senior Account Executive, CRC Public Relations – Former communications director to Rep. Dennis Ross (R-Fla.) and press secretary to former Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.).