- Former Gov. Rick Perry « RickPAC
February 15, 2015
RickPAC Hires Veteran Iowa Operatives
Continuing on his successful support for conservative candidates in lowa and across the country, former Governor Rick Perry and his RickPAC operation announced the hiring of four veteran Iowa conservatives to continue the efforts to elect conservative to all levels of government.
The core principles of RickPAC are to identify and support Republicans who will:
- Believe in the power of the individual
- Secure our nation’s border
- Protect Americans from international threats
- Believe in the principles of a limited federal government and the 10th Amendment
- Cut taxes for all Americans
- Reduce wasteful government spending and debt
- Invest in job creation
Robert Haus, who will lead RickPAC efforts in Iowa stated, “Gov. Perry's efforts in Iowa and across the country in 2014 were unparalleled, and we're excited to keep that momentum going. Gov. Perry supported conservatives up and down the ballot with his time, support and counsel. America faces distinct challenges in the years ahead, and RickPAC will help support conservative leaders working to achieve real results.
RickPAC will beneﬁt from the advice and counsel of:
Robert Haus, Urbandale. Haus served as co-chairman of Perry’s 2012 Iowa campaign. He has helped guide the Iowa presidential caucus campaigns for Steve Forbes as well as Senators Fred Thompson and Phil Gramm, and has also led several statewide and congressional races in Iowa. Haus has helped lead public affairs campaigns across the country for over 20 years, and brings his messaging, organization, and media skills to RickPAC.
Haus is originally from New Hampton. IA, and is a graduate of Iowa State University and the University of Iowa School of Law.
Andy Swanson, West Des Moines. An Iowa native. Andy brings a vast amount of Iowa campaign experience to RickPAC.· Iowa Senate Majority Fund in 2014;
· Coalitions director for the Mark Jacobs for US Senate 2014;
· Regional manager of the Republican Party of Virginia 2013;
· Iowa ﬁeld director, Gov. Tim Pawlenty 2012;
· Latham for Congress, 2010 and 2012;
· Regional Coalition Director for Ohio and Pennsylvania, McCain 2008;
· Iowa ﬁeld director, John McCain 2008.
Andy is originally from Dayton. Iowa (home of the famous Dayton Labor Day Rodeo) and is a graduate of the University of Iowa.
Dane Nealson, Ames, Iowa. A native of West Liberty. Iowa. Nealson brings over a decade of campaign-related experience to RickPAC.· State Director of the Iowa GOP Senate Majority Fund 2014:
· Central Iowa ﬁeld director, Rick Perry 2012;
· Central Iowa ﬁeld director, Gov. Tim Pawlenty 2012;
· Ames Field Director, the Republican Party of Iowa 2010;
· Southeast Iowa ﬁeld coordinator, Huckabee for President 2008.
Nealson is also the outgoing Chairman of the Story County, IA Republican Party.
Nealson graduated from West Liberty High School, earned his AA at Muscatine Community College and his BA in Political Science from Iowa State University.
Kip Murphy, Missouri Valley. Kip is a veteran campaigner and activist, and brings a wealth of Iowa and Nebraska experience to RickPAC's efforts.· Field Consultant Robert Cramer for Congress 2014;
· Field Consultant Rick Santorum for President 2012;
· Western Iowa Coordinator, Americans for Perry 2011;
· Regional Field Manager, Mitt Romney for President 2007 - 2008;
· Southwest Iowa Victory Director, the Iowa Republican Party 2010;
· Political Director, Rod Roberts for Governor 2010.
Murphy has also worked extensively in Nebraska, having managed the Ron Ross for State Treasurer campaign, served as Statewide Field Director for the Nebraska Republican Party and worked as Field Director for Lee Terry for Congress.
Murphy is also the outgoing Chairman of the Harrison County. IA Republican Party.Murphy holds a Bachelor's Degree in History and International Affairs from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
Paid for by RickPAC and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. www.rickpac.org