|Photos and Text by Eric M.
Copyright © 2013, 2014 Eric M.
in Action with
details of events of interest:
action08 at gmail dot com
Clicking on the "Beltway Happenings"
graphic at the top of pages
will return you to the previous level.
Note of Jan. 1, 2014: I have reorganized the Democracy in Action
domains a bit and it is possible some of the links in this section may
not work. If you find a non-working link, please let me know.
- 2013 General Events
- Summary: This year's
photos are somewhat sporadic owing to several absences from DC, so
that, for example there are no images from the time of the
shutdown. The photos also cover a more general range of topics
than I've usually done, and they seem to skew towards
liberal/progressive events. Objective is do better in 2014.
Let me know if you have a relevant event in DC area.
- Season's Greetings!
- Dec. 17, 2013 - A visit to Ready for Hillary headquarters.
- Dec. 12, 2013 - Supporters of
Hillary Clinton gather for Ready for Hillary's DMV Kickoff at
- Dec. 10-11, 2013 - A snowy
day at the Capitol.
- Dec. 11, 2013 - Alliance for
Justice briefing on proposed rules on political
- Dec. 11, 2013 - A tiff
between two Democratic-aligned groups.
- Dec. 11, 2013 - America's
Voice briefing on immigration reform.
- Dec. 10, 2013 - Progressive
groups call for "a budget for
people, peace and planet."
- Dec. 4, 2013 - House
committees hold hearings on the Affordable
- Dec. 3, 2013 - Final
public meeting of the Presidential
Commission on Election Administration.
- Nov. 25 and 29, 2013 - Fast
for Families pushes for immigration
- Nov. 25, 2013 - U.S. Capitol Christmas Tree arrives
in Washington, DC after 22-day trip from Washington State.
- Nov. 21, 2013 - National
Communications Association panel on
the 2012 campaign.
- Nov. 21, 2013 - Republican National Committee "We're
Running On ObamaCare" press conference.
- Nov. 14, 2013 - U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) speaks
- Nov. 14, 2013 -
Fifth White House Tribal Nations
- Nov. 12, 2013 - Political
analyst Charlie Cook discusses outlook for 2014 midterm elections.
- Nov. 11, 2013 - On Veterans Day, the U.S. Postal
Service releases World War II Medal of Honor stamps.
- Nov. 7, 2013 - Halperin
and Heilemann sign copies of Double
Down, their book on the 2012
- Nov. 3, 2013 - President Barack Obama rallies with Terry
McAuliffe in Virginia.
- Oct. 26,
2013 - Stop Watching Us: Rally
Against Mass Surveillance.
- Oct. 25, 2013 - Democratic National Committee Women's
Leadership Forum conference.
13, 2013 - DNC and RNC
party headquarters buildings.
- Aug. 5, 2013 - [Bethesda,
MD] Gov. Martin O'Malley (D-MD) announces
- July 24, 2013 - No More Deportation Art Exhibit and
- July 18, 2013 -
Bipartisan No Labels coalition
announces "Make Government Work!" legislative package.
- July 10, 2013 - United We
Dream activists push for immigration
- April 10, 2013 - Rally for immigration reform.
2013 - U.S. Supreme Court hears oral arguments in same sex marriage case.
- March 18, 2013 - Republican National Committee
releases Growth & Opportunity Project.
14-16, 2013 - 40th Conservative
Political Action Conference.
- Feb. 17, 2013 - Forward on